Hardware and app designers have been hard at work developing prototypes for a possible line of flexible smartphones which could hit the market in the next few years. The phone design features a rigid aluminum case married to a central silicon inlay and a flexible display which allows the device to fold without deforming the image. One of these designers, Milan-based Christian de Poorter, has dubbed the design shown in this post the “iFlex”, and while Apple may take umbrage with the name of Christian’s product, the idea of the flexible phone/display certainly has some forward-thinking and interesting applications, such as an conference name placard (see photo below). What do you think? Is this design practical, or just another gimmick?
About The Author
Tom Comber has been Art Director for AOR since 2010. He loves all means of creative expression and is a chronic doodler.
- Holiday Advertising: Making the Emotional Connection3 December 2013
- Lovely Letters21 November 2013
- Beautiful Bevs: Soda!13 November 2013
- The Power of Great Content11 November 2013
- How Chipotle is Revolutionizing Marketing18 September 2013