Just when I thought there was nothing else that could be “Hipsterized,” I discovered hipster logos. Logo trends have always existed (see here and here) but to actually classify a logo as “hipster” is new, at least to me. So what are these things? Well, I suppose they are logos with a very similar set of elements such as capitalized italic type, bold circles and any logos that incorporate arrows (especially in an “X” formation), ribbons, anchors or crests. So, in typical graphic design fashion, many a website has been created illustrating this new phenomenon, the most interesting of which is a tumblr created by a designer from Switzerland consisting of a bunch of famous logos “hipsterized.” Here’s a small sampling.
(Please don’t expect a hipster logo from us, we value individuality and logos that last longer than one year.)
About The Author
- Ski Resorts Real Time Marketing3 March 2014
- Best Super Bowl Ads of 20146 February 2014
- The Biggest Ad of Super Bowl Sunday30 January 2014
- Holiday Advertising: Making the Emotional Connection3 December 2013
- Lovely Letters21 November 2013