This Monday AOR took the time to observe MLK Jr. day. I’m sure most coworkers would enjoy a Monday apart from one another but not Frick and Frack. We woke up bright and early for a lil “shop til you drop” day at IKEA. We know for most there is a love/hate relationship with the giant blue and yellow warehouse, mega-store; however, in more recent days it’s leaned on the side of hate, at least for those in Thailand.
Last month an IKEA transgender ad aired in Thailand with the attempt to be the first to embrace the LGBT community in advertising. Take a look at the commercial.
Many in the LGBT community feel the :30 second spot is stereotypical in nature.
It seems Frick and Frack’s visit to the big box store was in the wake of some serious advertising drama. Did IKEA make a mistake with this advertising attempt? We’d love to hear your opinions…
About The Author
- Holiday Advertising: Making the Emotional Connection3 December 2013
- Lovely Letters21 November 2013
- Beautiful Bevs: Soda!13 November 2013
- The Power of Great Content11 November 2013
- How Chipotle is Revolutionizing Marketing18 September 2013