Big ideas. Small egos. We create brands, build websites and generally do everything we can to make our clients love us. That’s AOR in a nutshell. We LOVE what we do—and we’re always looking for ways to do it better. That’s why we’re always looking for new AORians (yes, that’s what we call ourselves) to join our ranks. We're currently hiring for the positions listed below.
AOR’s Senior Account Executives are the day to day project experts, strategy drivers and leaders of client work within the agency. Senior AE’s maintain strong relationships with their clients focusing on discovery and strategy of the account along with ensuring projects move through the agency on time and on budget. Senior AE’s are the client advocate within the agency. They must be experts on both the client’s business needs and the agency’s process and marketing capabilities. A high level of communication, organization, strategy, time management, decision making and leadership skills are a must.
Be the day to day contact between clients and agency
● You are the pulse of the agency and will be a lead voice in every meeting you’re in
● Manage client relationships on a daily basis
● Understand clients’ business and how we can help them
● Be the expert on your clients’ brands and our marketing strategies (branding, digital marketing, print
production, website creation)
● Master the AOR process and continually work to evolve it the better serve the agency,
Employees and clients
● Manage budget in real-time in order to keep projects profitable while working to avoid scope creep
● Be a positive leader, manager, and team member
● Demonstrate ability to delegate specific basic tasks to team members to allow focus on relationships,
project strategy, and scope of work
● Strategic decision-making skills for client set
● Focus on current client growth opportunities, proposal writing, and client marketing strategic planning
● Execute projections for client set to allow agency to accurately understand upcoming work
● Lead and execute strategic focused discovery research sessions for clients
● An interest in grooming/preparing team members for their next account position
● 4-6 years of experience working within the social & digital, media, and agency space
● 3+ years managing website development projects (preferably WordPress)
● Experience managing truly integrated/360 campaigns across a number of verticals, with the ability to translate strategy into smart and sound digital tactics
● Video production experience a must
● Experience presenting to Senior Marketing, Board of Directors and/or C-suite clientele
● A proven expertise in brand strategy including owning/writing creative briefs
● Experience working/managing projects that require coordination between several partner agencies
● Experience with Workamajig a plus
Specific Job Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
● Be a problem solver and team player
● Bring a positive attitude to work every day, towards every person
● Demonstrated ability to manage 5+ top tier clients simultaneously
● Be able to prioritize creative deliverables based on agency workload and manage client’s expectations appropriately
● Lead the creation of creative briefs and partner with Account Director/Creative Director to ensure insights and mandatories are appropriately reflected
● Manage integrations across all touchpoints involved in campaign to ensure there is messaging cohesion
● Proactively request assets and insights from clients in order to best arm the creative team to solve their complex business needs
● Constant communication with client and agency teams via email, phone, and in-person touchpoints
● Continually become an expert on the ins and outs of your clients’ business
● Understand client and agency team relationships and personalities and tailor working/communication
styles to individuals to build the best relationship possible
● Lead client project discoveries and organize information to provide clear and strategic brief to the
● Lead agency team throughout all projects by being the client expert and advocate while balancing
agency process and procedures
● Critically review agency deliverables from a strategic and client-focused lens to ensure the best work is
coming out of the agency
● Regularly present agency work, sell solutions to clients and lead presentations confidently
● Manage and monitor client budgets and scopes of work. Be proactive and anticipate scope creep/the need for a change order
● Establish Agenda + follow up with timely meeting notes for every client meeting you’re in
● Keep internal teams updated on all necessary client comms/progress
● Continually review timelines and monitor due dates to both get deliverables to the client and receive
client feedback and approvals on time
● Gather feedback from clients, digest it, decipher it, and process it, then relay that feedback to the
● Create process tools/documents, when needed, to help team members work efficiently
● Take information out of silos and make it easily accessible and easily understood for anyone who is
working on your projects
● Construct creative rationale and set up in order to sell-in work
● Delegate tasks to account coordinators/interns to focus on client relationships and higher-level
● Attend client events and represent AOR as an agency
● Write proposals for current client growth and manage projections for client set
● Work independently and on teams, understand when specialists need to be involved
● Think critically and make decisions based on the “AOR Way” confidently without hesitation
● Maintain a positive attitude with client and agency teams
● Communicate and emulate the culture of AOR to our clients, and foster the culture within the agency
● Remain up to date with GDPR and CCPA regulations and requirements
● Maintain an accurate track of daily tasks and hours worked, and submit into Workamajig by the
● Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice
● Demonstrate giving and receiving respect within your department
● Delegation skills to ACs/interns when applicable
● Participate in department huddles
● Masterful understanding of all agency-wide services and focus verticals
● Develop strong relationships agency-wide
● Represent agency at client/industry events
● Effectively present AOR work
● Demonstrate strong understanding of client’s brand and business to propose new ideas and
● Successfully write Tier 1& 2 level proposals for current client growth
● Develop strong relationships with clients for stability of accounts
● Conduct tough conversations (ex. Budget increases) with clients
Reports To: Account Director
Supervises: No Direct Reports
Profit sharing- if hit quarterly goals, 25% of net profit reallocated back to employees
Learning & Development (conferences, growth plans, digital trainings, classes, etc.…)
10 holidays, week between Xmas eve and New years (traditionally)
Insurance pkg- health, vision, dental- 60% for employees (after 90 days)
This is a full-time salaried position that holds typical office hours of Monday – Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
● Additional hours are not required but are often necessary to succeed within this position
● Connectivity outside of the office is a must for certain situations, clients, or emergencies
● Additional time may be required during nights and weekends to attend client events
In office position = consistently
Travel = occasionally
After hours work/events = occasionally
This is a salaried and exempt position as it includes exempt job duties and meets exempt criteria.
$60,000 – $75,000
Salary will be based on previous experience.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
*Note: We are currently working remotely, looking to slowly reopen our office starting in July based on individual comfort level. We plan to have numerous measures in place to prepare (ex: staggered groups/ schedules, maintaining distancing, closing common areas, etc.)”
This position requires a typical in-office presence of approximately 40 hours/ week inside the office with an open-floor layout. This position requires sitting or standing for long periods of time, the ability to talk on the telephone with clients and the ability to work on a computer for a majority of their tasks.
AOR, Inc. provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
*Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This job description was last updated: December 2020
Don’t see a match? Even if we don’t have a full-time position available, we’re just as eager to add new freelance talent to our on-call roster. Fill out the form below and let’s talk!
Other than an open job, you probably want to know what perks come with it. Here are just a few that show just how much we value our employees.
Flexible PTO: Your life outside the agency is just as important as your life inside it. AOR employees get 10 days of PTO their first year at AOR, with the flexible PTO kicking in at the start of the second year.
Paid Holidays: Full-time employees at AOR get 10 days of paid holidays: New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and the day following, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and your Birthday (which should be a holiday, of course).
Company Profit Sharing: Our employees drive our success, so it only makes sense for them to share in our spoils. AOR offers a generous company-wide profit-sharing program.
Conference and Education Program: Our employees are super smart—but there’s always room to grow. That’s why AOR is happy to cover the registration costs and all related travel expenses for relevant conferences and educational opportunities.
Health, Dental and Vision Insurance: AOR provides health and dental insurance for all full-time employees through United Healthcare and vision coverage through Beam Vision. The company covers 60% of the employee’s monthly insurance premiums for health, dental and vision.
Retirement Plan: Currently we offer 401(k) for every employee to contribute to through our payroll system. This also allows employees to add AOR profit-sharing bonuses to their 401(k).