Big ideas. Small egos. We create brands, build websites and generally do everything we can to make our clients love us. That’s AOR in a nutshell. We LOVE what we do—and we’re always looking for ways to do it better. That’s why we’re always looking for new AORians (yes, that’s what we call ourselves) to join our ranks. We're currently hiring for the positions listed below.
AOR is a down-to-earth team that believes collaboration builds great brands, candid conversation creates strong teams, and life is too short for inflated egos. We love what we do, and we work hard. We appreciate work-life balance and we can’t live without our pups around. We boast a flexible PTO policy and kick-ass profit-sharing program because nothing says we love our employees by letting them take the time off they need and sharing 25% of all net profits. We look for people who jump at opportunity and embrace change to bring new ideas to our team. We value diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Account Director will serve as the account lead and primary client contact for our largest and most complex clients. This individual partners closely with the client to define goals and works strategically across our organization to provide thoughtful solutions with measurable results that help drive our clients’ businesses forward. This position requires a deep understanding of a client’s business, exceptional partnering skills, and an extremely proactive mindset.
He/She is responsible for direct management of the account team – from Senior Account Executive to Account Coordinator. As a people manager, this individual is accountable for mentorship and professional development of their team members, hiring and growing their team as needed, team administrative duties, and aligning the appropriate cross-functional internal teams to deliver on client needs.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Minimum of eight years of experience in an account management role, preferably at a creative agency
- Proven ability to foster relationships with senior-level clients, Directors, VPs and C-level executives
- Know great creative work when you see it, help make it better and sell it through
- Track record of delivering effective or award-winning marketing solutions that helped drive marketing results
- Understanding of and ability to tie creative solutions to marketing metrics
- A thorough understanding of the agency process and agency/client relationship model
- Proven ability to grow and manage internal teams, both within the account management department and across other functional departments
- Experience managing, mentoring and developing a team
- Will be ready to challenge, inspire and hold the team accountable for great work
- Will understand and manage for individual strengths and weaknesses
- Will develop growth plans, monitor progress and provide timely feedback
- Will actively participate and coach individuals with clarity and momentum
- Will establish the work ethic expectation
- Ability to manage revenue, profitability, and expenses
- Experience creating and managing budgets for large-scale projects
- Will exemplify excellent budget and estimate negotiation skills
- Displays exceptional communication skills, including small and large-group presentations
- Confident user of email, text, video conferencing, presentation software and standard business software with superior organizational skills
- Stickler for the details and not afraid to speak up when something isn’t up to par
- Ready to assist in new business opportunities
- A strong ‘self-starter’ mentality and sense of responsibility
- A positive, upbeat attitude!
- Bonus: Experience in Workamajig or other project management software
- Must be local to Denver or willing to move here
- AOR has a flexible work from home policy, but this position is expected to be in the office full time
- Occasional travel
- Occasional after-hours work and/or events
Director of Client Services
Senior Account Executive(s)
*Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Don’t see a match? Even if we don’t have a full-time position available, we’re just as eager to add new freelance talent to our on-call roster. Fill out the form below and let’s talk!
Other than an open job, you probably want to know what perks come with it. Here are just a few that show just how much we value our employees.
Flexible PTO: Your life outside the agency is just as important as your life inside it. AOR employees get 10 days of PTO their first year at AOR, with the flexible PTO kicking in at the start of the second year.
Paid Holidays: Full-time employees at AOR get 10 days of paid holidays: New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and the day following, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and your Birthday (which should be a holiday, of course).
Company Profit Sharing: Our employees drive our success, so it only makes sense for them to share in our spoils. AOR offers a generous company-wide profit-sharing program.
Conference and Education Program: Our employees are super smart—but there’s always room to grow. That’s why AOR is happy to cover the registration costs and all related travel expenses for relevant conferences and educational opportunities.
Health, Dental and Vision Insurance: AOR provides health and dental insurance for all full-time employees through United Healthcare and vision coverage through Beam Vision. The company covers 60% of the employee’s monthly insurance premiums for health, dental and vision.
Retirement Plan: Currently we offer 401(k) for every employee to contribute to through our payroll system. This also allows employees to add AOR profit-sharing bonuses to their 401(k).