To apply for AOR’s Creative Director position, please send a resume, cover letter, and portfolio/ website to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’re seeking a strategic and conceptual thinker who can engage and energize an audience with their presentation skills. We value a confident but humble leader who fosters an environment of collaboration and creativity, both within the team and agency-wide. We are looking for a thoughtful and proactive manager who takes pride in helping people grow. The ideal candidate can effectively and comfortably strategize and pitch ideas to both existing and potential new clients. They can direct work, mentor and lead, but can also strategize and concept themselves and collaboratively in teams. We value innovative thinking, tackling challenges together, and an unrelenting desire to create the very best work.
At AOR, we’re a down-to-earth team that believes collaboration builds great brands, candid conversation creates strong teams, and that life is too short for inflated egos. We’re multi-talented and multi-faceted, working in branding, marketing, digital, video and more. We put people first. We love what we do. And we work damn hard doing it. Work-life balance is valued highly, thanks to a flexible PTO policy and a flexible hybrid office model. Because of this, we prioritize people with excellent communication skills and the superpowers of teamwork via phone, Slack, email, text and other modes we may dream up. Since we are all building this agency together, we offer a company-wide profit-sharing program that rewards employees for the hard work they’ve done and the positive impact they’ve made on our growth and success as an agency. We look for people who jump at opportunity and embrace change to bring new ideas to our team, and who share our commitment to bringing community and connection in everything we do and everything we touch. At AOR we value diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse staff and encourage applications from minorities and marginalized peoples.
Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- Be a problem solver and team player
- Oversee the creative team of writers and designers
- Cultivate an inspiring environment for AOR’s creative team
- Possess a hands-on, collaborative leadership style, with a passion for inspiring and mentoring
- Take responsibility for the creative philosophy across departments within the agency
- Work alongside other department heads on the agency’s Leadership Team
- Engage with the account and project management team to kick off projects, attend client meetings ,and review work internally
- Champion strategies, ideation, innovation and collaboration throughout the agency
- Oversee the general direction and creative vision of client work – from strategy to production to presentation
- Display a thoughtful, forward-thinking approach, both verbally and visually, with an eagerness to push the boundaries
- Ensure all projects are on brief and within budget
- Build strong partnerships with clients
- Present and pitch in an engaging and persuasive way, internally and to clients and potential clients
- Lead dynamic client discovery and strategy sessions
- Understand and positively contribute to the commercial aspects of the agency
- Manage creative resources, both on staff and externally
- Maintain an accurate track of daily tasks and hours worked
- Experience and proven ability to lead, advocate for, and inspire a team of designers and writers as an ACD or CD
- An obvious passion for innovation, ideation and strategic thinking
- Team player with strong and engaging communication and presentation skills
- An exceptional book displaying ingenious and strategic concepts that solved client problems
- Flexibility and adaptability
- A problem solver
- Able to perform in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects at once
- Ability to articulate and receive feedback and take/give direction well
- Support of AOR’s values of Believe in We, Keep It Real, Dare To, and Own It
- Experience within Real Estate Development and/or Hospitality industries
- Experience in a smaller agency where many hats are worn
Director of Creative & Digital Services
ACD, Writers, Designers
$95,000 – 120, 000 base annual salary
Salary will be based on previous experience.
A Few Perks to Note:
- Company profit sharing: At AOR, we believe we’re all in this together. That’s why we give 25% of AOR’s net profits back to employees when we hit our quarterly goals as an agency.
- Flexible PTO: AOR believes that your life outside the agency is as important as your life inside the agency. Flexible PTO gives our employees the power to take time off as works best for them and maintain a healthy work-life balance.
- Flex work schedule/ Hybrid office: Our values led us to embrace a hybrid model that allows for flexibility, trust, and invigoration of our passions. We support AORians to manage their schedule and allow people (the client and employees) to determine where to work and how often to be at home or in the office.
- Ten paid holidays and office historically closed from December 24th until January 1st
- Education and conference program/career development opportunities
- Generous parental leave
- Health, dental and vision insurance & supplemental accident insurance
- Wellness program
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) & Dependent Care Account (DCA)
- Short & long-term disability and life insurance provided to all employees
- Dog-friendly office
- Free parking, secure bike parking & mass transit reimbursement
- Company outings + events
- Volunteer opportunities
- Stocked bar + kitchen
- Great Golden Triangle location (all the perks of Downtown, but with better parking)
This is a full-time salaried position that holds an approximate 40-hour workweek, though may require additional hours from time-to-time. It is an exempt position as it includes exempt job duties and meets exempt criteria.
AOR, Inc. provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.